All the fine rough jade you will
need for your own projects
Unique Jade Carvings
Extensive assortment of
diamond carving tools
Stunning Jewelry &
Top of the line
Welcome to Jadecarver.com
NOTE: The 2020 Monterey Jade Festival has been CANCELLED due to the Corona Virus Pandemic. The 2021 Monterey Jade festival is scheduled for 6/11/21-6/13/21.
David Clayton began scuba diving for jade in the Pacific ocean off the Big Sur coast of California in 1969. He learned lapidary work in the early 70‘s and subsequently applied these methods to sculpting the jades he had collected. David founded Gems & Jade (Jadecarver.com) in 1997. As a jade carver, David uses the diamond tools he offers on Jadecarver.com. He offers consulting advice to his clients on techniques and tools for working jade.
Jadecarver.com provides high quality diamond tools for the lapidary, sculpturing, stone, glass, tile, welding, manufacturing and space industries. David custom designs many of the diamond tools found on the website.
Jadecarver.com offers jade sculptures, jade boulders, and jade rough from around the world. He specializes in nephrite jade from Siberia, Wyoming, California, and jadeite from Burma (now referred to as Myanmar). Hand-picked gemstones and beautiful jewelry, including extraordinary jade jewelry, are also available on this site.
- Prices on this web site and catalog do not include shipping charges or sales tax to California destinations.
- Payment methods accepted; Visa, MasterCard, DiscoverCard, Wire Transfers and PayPal.
- International clients: Please contact us for a shipping quote for your order.
- Custom tool designs can be offered for large quantity purchases.
- Items on the web site and catalog are subject to prior sale.
- We reserve the right to vary the specifications and dimensions of our products without notice.
- The beautiful white jade baby at the top of this page with the header of "Award Winning Jade Sculptures" was carved by Georg Schmerholz. David Clayton supplied the Siberian white jade rough for this carving. This sculpture may be available for sale. Contact us if you are interested.
- The tendral pendant on the left side of the picture at the top of this page with the header of "Unique Jade Carvings" was carved by David Clayton.
- The two jade pendants pictured under the header "Welcome to Jadecarver.com" were carved by David Clayton.
- The Spessartite Garnet in the ring in the picture at the top of this page with the heading "Stunning Jewelry & Rare Jades" was faceted by David Clayton.
- The Siberian River Jade sculpture on the right side of the picture at the top of this page with the heading "All the fine jade rough you will need for your own projects" was carved by David Clayton.
- The two dragon pendants, the first and fifth pendants from the left side of the picture at the bottom of this page with the heading "Upcoming Events" were carved by Georg Schmerholz.
- The Melon and Vessel pendants, the second and fourth pendants from the left side of the picture at the bottom of this page with the heading "Upcoming Events" were carved by Deborah Wilson.